Over-the-top (OTT) internet television service, Sling TV, was launched as a pre-installed app in 2016 models of Samsung Smart TVs in November. Sling TV became the first live and on-demand streaming service on Samsung TVs. Now further expanding the service, the company has announced the launch its app for the 2017 models of Samsung TVs.
Sling TV is the number one live TV streaming service based on the number of OTT households. With Sling TV, you do not need a separate streaming gadget or set-top box. Apart from Smart TVs, the service is also available on tablets, game consoles, computers, smartphones and streaming devices.
If you’re new to Sling TV, here are some of its features to help you understand what you can expect from the app.
- Customizable live and on-demand TV in one app – add only the channels you want and start watching your personal line-up of live and on-demand programming.
- No long term contracts or hidden fees – there are no long-term contracts or hidden fees with Sling TV. Pay for only the services and channels you want with Sling Orange and/or Sling Blue subscription options.
- Free trial – sign up and opt for 7 days of free trial directly from the app in your Smart TV.
- No extra hardware needed – with Sling TV, all you need to watch your favourite contents is a Smart TV, or any other compatible devices.
Sling TV should come pre-installed in both 2016 and 2017 models of Samsung Smart Tvs. However, if your TV still don’t have the app installed, you can do that with just a few taps of your TV remote buttons.
How to install Sling TV
- Click the Home button on your remote
- Scroll to the right to select Apps
- Search for “Sling TV” and select install
- Select Open after completion of installation
- Sign In if you are an existing Sling subscriber. If not, opt for the free trial.