Telegram is a popular Instant Messaging app that currently enjoys over 100 Million active users per month. Previously we have reported on a native unofficial Telegram app has been released by Samsung R&D Institute Indonesia (SRIN) on the Tizen Store.
Now, the messaging app has received another update, following update 0.1.1, taking it to version 0.1.2. In this latest update of Telegram, the app includes a lot of improvements.
Improvements and Bug-fixes
- Bug-fix on the scrolling to bottom when opening a chat room
- Fixed app crash and stall when users perform phone verification
- Fixed app crash and stall when users performing account registration
- Added support for 7 additional languages support
- Arabic, German, Spanish, Italian, Korean, Dutch and Portuguese
- Stability improvements
- Smaller app footprint to 8.9 MB from 12 MB
So, these are the main improvements of this app after the 0.1.2 update. But, this is not the end here. The developers are planning to upgrade more features by the end of this month. You can see the update road-map below:
Scheduled 0.2.X release by August:
- Location attachment
- Group Shared Media
- Local User info
- Friends Invitation
- User Management
Scheduled 1.0.0 release by September
- Secret Chat
- Support for more Settings
As you can see there is a lot planned for this Telegram Client by the Samsung R&D Institute Indonesia (SRIN) development team. You might also be Interested to know that we have launched our own Tizen Experts Telegram Channel, so you can join and get the latest Tizen News direct to your smartphone.