Samsung’s Z series range of Tizen smartphones have seen over 3 million units being sold till date which obviously means that there is a considerable amount of users on the platform who expect a decent smartphone experience. With internet usage being on a constant growth on smartphones (already having surpassed that of computers), a smooth internet experience for downloading and viewing content has become a mandatory requirement for most users. Today, we will cover a part of this requirement, that is downloading stuffs on your Tizen mobile.
The default download manager on the Tizen smartphones Z1, Z2, Z3 and Z4 are pretty good themselves if you are not a heavy internet user. For the rest of the internet people however, here’s a list of the top Download Managers currently on the Tizen store that you might want to have a look at.
Top Download Managers for Tizen phones
1. Internet Download Manager
Don’t confuse this with the popular IDM for Windows PC offering, the developers seem to have ripped off the name to get some instant hits on the Tizen store. The app on the other hand does get the job done of downloading stuff to your Tizen phones easily. The UI is extremely simple with just a URL bar on top where you have to enter the URL of the file and then hit OK to begin downloading.
You can have multiple downloads running at the same time although the developers haven’t mentioned about the maximum limit. The app weighs in at 2MB and can be downloaded from here.
Nothing fancy in its name there, and so is the app itself. The developer doesn’t seem to have given much importance to UI of the application as it is hard to even spot the URL entry field and setting the download directory is a complete mess. However, if you pass those hurdles and get a hang of the app, the downloading process is a breeze.
The app weighs just 0.17MB and can be downloaded from here.
3. Download Manager
This app brings in a lot more features that one would generally expect in an Android based download managing app. Some of the notable features of the app are:
- Support all file types.
- User can specify Maximum and Minimum Speed limit per downloads or can setup a global limit for downloads.
- Include pause and resume feature with supported links.
- You can add many URLs to download simultaneously or store them in a queue for later download.
- Auto catch download links whenever you copy to clipboard or open a downloadable link.
- Work in the background and even when the phone screen is off.
- User can see the local download history and resume the earlier cancelled download.
The app weighs in just 0.8 MB and can be downloaded from here.
4. Download Booster
This is perhaps currently the best Download Manager app on the Tizen Store and hence we have saved the best for last. A clean and well thought of UI combined with some unique features makes this the perfect Download Manager app currently available on the Tizen store. Some of the noticeable features of the app are:
- Accelerated downloading by using multi-threading, using up to 25 parts.
- Interception of links from the browse.
- Support resuming of interrupted downloads.
- Allows parallel download of multiple files.
- Support for choosing file download location also supports external storage, like SD cards.
- Quickpanel progress bar notification for each downloads.
- Support for most Indian languages.
- Beautifully light, clean design
- Download search functionality.
- Detailed progressbar showing progress of each thread.
The app weighs in at just 0.45MB and can be downloaded from here.