The Samsung Z4 is Korean tech giants latest Tizen based smartphone. The device was originally announced in May of this year and shown to the world at the recent Tizen Developer Conference 2017. A few days later, India was the first country to have the Z4 unveiled.
We have exclusively reported on the Z4 next being released in South Africa and after a little delay it is now available through retailer TFG, through their online and retail Hi stores. The device is available on the Vodacom and MTN networks for R1,299. If you are purchasing the Vodacom device then you also get 1.2GB of data, that is split over 12 months – 100MB provided for your use per month. This offer is only available when the Vodacom Prepaid Internet Starter Pack (ISP) SIM card is inserted into the device.
The Z4 is powered by the latest Tizen 3.0 operating system. At its heart, we have a Spreadtrum Quad Core 1.5 GHz SC9830 CPU with 1GB of RAM and a MALI 400 MP2 GPU. Tizen 3.0, which is a 64-bit OS, takes full advantage of the Spreadtrum quad-core processor. This is a dual SIM mobile SM-Z400F/DS that supports CAT 4 LTE connectivity with a download and upload speeds of up to 150/50 MBps. On the photography side we have a F/2.2 aperture 5MP camera on BOTH the front and the back. The back benefits from a dual-LED flash, whilst the front has a unique single LED flash.
We also have exclusive features:
- Quick Talk – Lets you use voice commands to launch comm apps. Press the volume down + power buttons.
- Quick Torch – Press the volume up + power to toggle the read dual-LED light on or off.
- Quick Launch – Quick launch the camera by double pressing the middle button. The app does launch really quickly. Seeing is believing.
- Quick Switch – Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to switch between the last two apps that were launched.
- Quick Reads – Swipe to the left of the screen to enter your news feed.
Learn more about the mobile with our first Samsung Z4 hands on post. You can see how it stacks up against the rest of the Tizen smartphone family here. Check out the deal by clicking on the Buy Now button below.