The Samsung Z1 Smartphone has received a software / firmware update taking it to version Z130HDDUOCPI1 in India. Don’t get all excited as this is only a small update weighing in at 3.2MB and it seems like it is mainly a performance / bugfix update. In Indonesia the recently released Z2 is running Tizen 22.214.171.124 and we would expect this to be launched in india very soon.
The update is listed with the following improvements:
- Device stability improvements, bug fixes
- New and / or enhanced features
- Further improvements to performance
The following is the procedure to use to update the firmware using the Kies desktop application:
- Launch the Kies App on your Desktop
- Plug your Smartphone into the Desktop
- You should get an option to update your software
- Manually check by selecting Tools -> Firmware Upgrade and Initialisation
If you do not get automatically prompted to update your firmware on your smartphone, you can manually check by using the steps below:
- Select Settings
- Select About Device
- Select Software Update
- Select Check for updates
Have you received the update? Please let us know in the comments section below.