The first Gear smartwatch supporting a rotating bezel, the Samsung S2, has received a firmware update. Currently, firmware/software update version EQC1 R720XXU2EQC1/R720OXA2EQC1, which is being globally rolled out with a download size of Size: 19.70 MB. The Tizen platform version is 188.8.131.52. As you can see this is a fairly small update opposed to the massive update that the Gear S3 Frontier has recently got, but we are hoping some of those features also come to the S2.
The following countries have received this update so far: Netherlands, UK and Brazil. Let us know in the comments section if you have it in your country as well.
- Bluetooth connectivity and stability has been improved
- You should upgrade the Samsung Gear application to the latest version for this update.
After updating, you will not be able to downgrade to the old software because of updates to the security policy. Wi-Fi settings Connect to a Wi-Fi network and download this update for free.
If you have not been prompted to update then you can start the update manually by following the steps below:-
- Launch Samsung Gear Manager App
- Select About Gear
- Select Update Gear Software
- Select Download updates manually
- If an update is available it will start downloading and then give you the option to Install now or do it later.
Thanks for the tip Henk Van Loosbroek and also the UK screenshots Andy Gray. Let us know in the comments if you have spotted it / downloaded in your country.