The contest is live from now until March 1st, 2017 and welcomes everyone, including designers and developers, to submit their watch face designs that have been created for the Samsung Gear S3 on the Facer platform.
Your design will then be reviewed by an expert judging panel which will compromise of the following people:-
- Yvan Arpa: Swiss watch creator, and designer of the Samsung Gear S3
- Ariel Adams: Founder of aBlogtoWatch
- Ariel Vardi: Co-Founder of Little Labs, makers of Facer
The Gear S3 is a great smartwatch to design for, with its Always-On-Display (AOD), Rotating Bezel, IP68 Water and Dust resistance, and great looks that will compliment your awesome watch faces. Check out the following Facer watchfaces to see what’s popular.
There will be one competition winner and also five finalists who will be chosen to receive the following prizes:
- $500 cash for the best design selected in the 5 finalists
- A Samsung Gear S3 smartwatch
- Designs featured in aBlogtoWatch.com, the Facer platform, and Samsung’s social channels
- Designs turned into functional watch faces distributed to hundreds of thousands of smartwatch users on the Facer platform
- Enrollement in the Premium Designer Program of Facer, including ongoing royalties on the revenue generated by their winning designs
The good news is that you are able to submit as many designs as you like, but only one can be selected as a finalist. Get designing and submitting as the closing date is March 1st midnight Pacific Time. You must make sure the designs are original and do not infringe on any copyright/trademarks.
All ready and raring to go? Head on over to the Facer competition homepage for further details.