Samsung finally brought the Gear S application to Apple’s App store recently, and hence making its line up of wearable devices- Gear S2, Gear Fit 2 and the Gear S3 compatible with iOS devices. This is certainly going to bring a lot of competition to the Apple Watch in the upcoming days. And if you are one of those people who currently have an iPhone along with any of the aforementioned Gear wearables, then here’s how you can get started to making these devices talk with each other.
Firstly, head over to the App Store and install the Samsung Gear S app. Prepare your Gear wearable to be connected to a new device by going into settings and scroll down to find the ‘Connect to New Device’ option and tap on it. Now, follow these steps to get started-
- Enable Bluetooth on your iPhone.
- Launch the Gear S app.
- Select the ‘Connect to Gear’ option.
- Tap on the ‘Pair’ button when you get a prompt for connecting your Gear device via Bluetooth.
- Now, on your Gear wearable, tap on the Tick when it prompts with a numerical passkey similar to the one displayed on your iPhone.
- Enable all the service access to your Gear device on your iPhone as prompted by the app.
- Tap on agree to license agreement like you always do.
And that’s all there is to get started. Now you can play with different watchfaces, health apps, etc on your Gear S2, S3 or Fit 2 connected with your favourite iPhone.