- New weekly Nemo Mobile release 0.20111208.2.NEMO.2012-01-05.1 available for N900, N950 and i586
- DateEvent – Shows your Calendar Entries on EventScreen
- Changes in Enterprise Computing Bring New Members to Linux Foundation
- Ixonos adds Qualcomm chipset to its technology base – MeeGo Devices in the Pipeline
- Five Unique keynotes Highlight day two of Qt Developer Days
Recently Qt Application Development Framework Alpha 2 for Tizen was released bringing with it the ability to run Qt applications natively on Tizen devices.
Today I am excited to announce another milestone for this project: Tizen Store Support!
Today theTizen Store team has accepted our first Qt Controls app created for test and educational purposes
Follow this video to see how the Qt Controls app behave on a Tizen reference device:
The store is not yet opened to smartphone customers but is open for developers to submit their applications. You can download the Qt Controls application from here as an installable TPK file with associated source code. Git repository for qtquickcontrols-tizen.git can be linked at http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-for-Tizen-Source-code.
Additional Tools and documentation are hopefully going to be published within one week. Work is also being carried out on a Qt Creator integration plugin that facilitates creation of TPK for Qt applications.
Source Qt for Tizen